Monday, October 18, 2010

Mr. AHHCHOO would say this...

"So it was doubly dismaying to me, after we had finished lovemaking and were lying side by side holding hands, when he said , "Lily, I've got to talk to you about something." His voice was serious, too serious.
I felt my heart shrivel.
"What?" I asked, trying to sound casual. I pulled the sheet up.
"It's your quads, Lily"
"My...quadriceps?" I said incredulously.
"You really need to work on them," Marshall told me.
I turned to stare at him. "I have scars all over my abdomen, I have scratches across my face, I have a huge bruise on my ribs, and your only remark about my body is that I need to work on my quads?"
"You're perfect except for your quads."
"You...jerk!" Torn between amusement and disbelief, I pulled the pillow from under my head and hit him with it."
-Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris

Lyrics of the Day
"You're a jerk! (I know)"
-New Boyz

but I seem to like you so it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment