Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mute

I wonder why you think silence means that I don't respect you.
Besides the times that I am doing something and you ask me a question and I don't respond.
And don't lie. you do that too.

I'm talking about the times when you ask me something and I don't answer or acknowledge because I am THINKING.

Did you ever think that its because I am so afraid of what you might think of my answer that I just don't say anything?

And another thing.  Apparently, my dear roommate worries about the same things you do.  Mr. Guitarist and I had quite an interesting heart to heart after you left.  We agreed.  Just cause you're doing things, doesn't mean you're doing things.
You rag on me that "i don't have a plan in life"
I know my options.  I can go to graduate school, get my degree and I can teach and do research.  Or I can go into public history.  Public history has a huge range of things I could do.
You seriously think I'm only passionate about something because I took one class? You seriously think its because of one class?  Remember how I took Latin all through high school?  Remember how it was my favorite class?  Remember how I won an award?  And did you ever realize how much I loved mythology?  Remember when I taught it to you that one time?  And you weren't even paying attention to me.  All you cared about was your penis.
I know my options.

Don't try to belittle me, saying that the highlight of my life is working at a frozen yogurt place.  First off, its a part-time job.  Secondly, I don't mind working there, the people are  nice and I like it.  Third, calm your tits.

And what about you?  You said this just the other night.  You're only planning on doing collegeworks this year.  I asked what you want to do after that. You said "I dunno...real estate I guess"
OHMIGOSH it looks like you have as much planned as I do.  look at that.

Quit acting like you have everything planned out.  You can't plan for life.

And yeah I know you're going to have some amazing stupid argument to shut me down later.
Cause that's what you do. You shut me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment